Wednesday, 4 July 2012
Holidays and Copies of My Walks Book
Just as well I was so relaxed as I got a phone call on Friday to say I need a new boiler…… thank God it was a cheap holiday.
I have been tagged by Rena George to answer the following questions, but given that my forthcoming book - which I will receive copies of THIS WEEK - is non-fiction (about Cornish walks), the answers aren’t what they might be.
What is your title and how did you choose? The title of my walks book is Discover Cornwall – a book on Cornish walks.
2. What came first – location, character or plot? The locations, definitely.
3. Did you enjoy writing this book or was it hard going? There are elements of all walks that I find tough going – like life – but it’s worth it in the end.
4. Do you write in sequence? No – but for novels I do!
5. Are you a planner or a plotter? Non fiction books have to be planned well – you have to know the structure before you start.
6. Did you know the end before you started? Yes.
7. Which do you prefer – writing that first draft, or editing it? I used to love that first draft as it’s so exciting, and hate editing. Now I can see the value of both.
8. Could you write a sequel? Yes one planned for 2014.
9. When you type ‘The End’ are you elated that you’ve got there, or sad, knowing how you will miss your characters? Both. With non-fiction and fiction books, it’s hard letting go – or knowing when to let go.
1 Which genres do you love and hate? There are no genres that I hate, but I don’t tend to read too many thrillers as they keep me awake at night.