Wednesday, 12 June 2013
Many thanks to Debs Debs for this Liebster award.
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
• Thank your Liebster Blog Award nominator on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;
• Answer the eleven questions from the nominator;
• List eleven random facts about yourself:
• Present the Liebster Blog Award to up to eleven other blogs that you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen;
• Pass on the eleven questions to your nominees, or create new ones;
• Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
1. What’s your favourite novel and what do you love about it.
Too many to mention but The Vacillations of Poppy Carew has to be one of my favourties. I love Mary Wesley’s ability to create wacky, believable, funny and empathetic characters and amazing plots.
2. Do you have any pet peeves in fiction? Head-hopping in the same scene.
3. What are you most proud of?
My writing so far. More I hope!
4. Your most and least favourite people in history? Likes: Joan of Arc
5. The country, city or other place you’d most like to visit? New Zealand, China, Greece
6. Which five people would you like to meet (dead, alive, or fictional)?
Fonteyn and Nureyev
7. What makes you laugh the most?
Random things, usually Mr B imitating me.
8. If you could know the future, what would you wish for?
Love and happiness, that my writing career may continue
9. If you won the lottery and could donate money to charity, which charity would you choose – and why?
RNLI – I was married to a sailor and have become one myself
10. Do you suffer from any little phobias or superstitions? Not keen on spiders
11. What’s your favourite guilty pleasure?
A good massage
Eleven random facts about me…
1. I’ve just started writing poetry
2. I tend to fall in love with men who love boats
3. I have a black and white cat and dog
4. I’m a late starter
5. I have very good focus, apparently – needed when sailing
6. We’ve just bought a dinghy
7. The RYA course I’ve just done was the hardest thing Ive done since school.
8. I don’t have children, a fact that used to give me much pain. As I grow older I think perhaps it’s a good thing.
9. I cry very easily.
10. Mollie is named after my Irish cousin Mollie.
11. I can’t imagine not living by the sea now.
I nominate the following bloggers, but please feel free not to take this up: