Tuesday 27 October 2015

Another book!

Apologies for recent silence but life has been ever busy.

The good news is that my publishers have commissioned me to write another walks book which is very exciting!

I did my first walk last week and am writing it up at the moment with my able body of proof readers and researchers. Well, Mr B is helping me research and I have several wonderful friends who proof read. This one will take a lot of researching so it's all hands on deck to completely mix metaphors.

To celebrate this news, we had a much needed break at Gwithian which was wonderful. Even if we did spend a fair bit of time driving round selling my current book - which is all part of being a writer!

It was heartwarming to receive such good feeling about this current book.As any author knows, we spend so long writing our babies, then they're out in the wide world and we feel extremely vulnerable, so when we get good feedback it makes all the difference.

As I write it's raining and cold, back to winter, even if it may officially be autumn. But I have planned a few breaks - which will be needed - and look forward to getting on with this exciting new project.

Hooray!

10 comments:

Dc said...

Onwards and upwards, well done on some more writing. Will you be doing all the walking for it in these colder months?

Flowerpot said...

Sadly yes, DC - let's hope for some good weather over the winter!

ADDY said...

Well done. You'll be working yet getting some good exercise and fresh air into the bargain!

Flowerpot said...

Addy - yes, it's a win win situation - as long as the weather's OK!

Melissa Amateis said...

Congratulations! Such wonderful news. :)

I just got back from my England trip and now I can relax and get back to writing. I really needed that trip, too. Helped put the stress of the past few months behind me and I feel refreshed and raring to go.

Flowerpot said...

Melissa - that' s great news - well done! X

Chris Stovell said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful news. So pleased for you (and after a rather difficult October, I'm taking great pleasure in other folks good news which reassures me better times will come!)Cx

Flowerpot said...

Chris - really sorry to hear you've been having a tricky time - do hope life improves very soon. XX

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new commission, that's great news.

I do know only too well how we tend to wrap our "baby" in cotton wool before releasing it into the big wide world. Daunting, yet exciting.

GR x

(formerly Crystal Jigsaw)

Flowerpot said...

Thanks GR - good to hear from you XX