Wednesday 17 August 2016

Book launch Part 2


I didn't give the book launch justice last week, so here are a few more pictures of the event, which went very well. I've also sold 40 books myself and had to order another box of books from the publisher, which are arriving this morning (I hope).





On a less cheery note, I am still chasing payment of work I did months ago from a reluctant editor who I've had to ring every week for the last six weeks. Legal action next step. I've been very fortunate so far in having people who have generally speaking paid on time. But this one is a real drain - I hate having to make these phone calls and feel shattered afterwards. To say nothing of the fact that I really need the money.

Still, we've had a lovely run of weather recently, and my first sail for about a month on Sunday, which I loved. Yesterday I took six books to a new outlet at Penrose Estate near Helston, so hope they sell well there, and am spending a huge amount of time and energy generating publicity to tie in with the start of the new Poldark series on TV on 4th September (just in case you didn't know!).

4 comments:

ADDY said...

What lovely photos of you. I had a verbal fight with a roofer several years back over his shoddy service and can completely understand how you feel about trying to get your money from that editor. It is so draining and, in my case, it was quite frightening too, as he made several threats to me, when all along I knew I was in the right. Do hope you get it sorted soon. Maybe the mere mention of legal action will make him pay up.

Flowerpot said...

Addy - it's exhausting isn't it? What happened in the end with you? X

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations Flowerpot!

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Ak!