Thursday 15 June 2017

Falmouth Classics and Sea Shanty Festival

This weekend it's Falmouth Classics weekend, when masses of beautiful vintage sailing boats come to Falmouth from all over the world to race in our lovely waters. Well, Falmouth Bay and the Carrick Roads. I shan't be out on the water this year, but will be watching from the shore, and meeting the editor of Classic Boat tomorrow night as well. He's having a few trips on board various boats, but I was invited on one on Sunday which I can't do as this weekend also coincides with the Sea Shanty Festival, and I'm singing on Sunday afternoon.

I don't know how many different sea shanty groups will be singing this year - each year it gets bigger, with more and more venues - so I shall be singing a lot, and on Sunday afternoon, the Suitcase Singers will be singing outside Roly's Fudge shop (!!) from 3-4pm - just before the festival winds up at 5pm.

So if any of you are in the Falmouth area, come along and see us. have a pint or two and listen to the hundreds of different singers in our town.
And this is a picture from the woods near St Nectan's Glen - a walk last Sunday for the new book....

8 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

It sounds like a glorious weekend! Enjoy!

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Hope you've had a lovely weekend and saw some wonderful ships

Flowerpot said...

Didn't see many ships, up close, but the singing was great!

Flowerpot said...

Melissa - the weather has been incredible - a real heatwave!

ADDY said...

Wish I could be there. I love those beautiful boats. Reminds me of the Onedin Line.

Flowerpot said...

Addy - they were beautiful - come another year!

K.M. Saint James said...

Have you ever sailed on one of these? I can imagine it would be an amazing experience.

Flowerpot said...

Sandra, I've sailed on a much smaller version than the one in the picture, and it was amazing!