Wednesday 18 October 2017

Update


Apologies for absence - life has been even busier than usual, with a lot of work, finishing and sending my latest book, WALKS IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF DAPHNE DU MAURIER to my publishers. I've also been doing a brush up journalism course which has been brilliant but very challenging, and writing a piece on organ donation, something I feel very strongly about. Writing this took me back - by request from the editor - to when Pip was dying which was a very harrowing experience. However, if it can help others then it will be worth it.

I've also got a contract for my new book, to be about Rosamunde Pilcher who I interviewed several years ago. A wonderful lady, very interesting, with a brain much sharper than my own despite her 90 years. And on top of that I've been doing lots of singing, meeting up with dear friends, and seeing a few films.

So life might be busy and sometimes exhausting but it is fun and rewarding, for which I am very grateful. I'm off to sing in Truro tonight and have been aware of how joyous singing can be. We rehearsed on Monday and Tuesday afternoons and it was fabulous to hear our different voices mingling together, of seeing a few friends that I hadn't met up with for a while - and then having a beautiful cliff walk with Heather and Moll afterwards.

Several friends have poorly relations who need looking after, and I am becoming aware of my own age creeping up. In the past I have found myself in a rut, not sure or not knowing which way to turn which is not a good place to be.

Recently, as I have become busier, it has made me very aware of how precious life is, and how we need to not only look after ourselves, but make the most of every single day. And I leave you with some very cute cows, wanting their pictures taken.

2 comments:

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Aww, they are so sweet.
Congratulations on the new book contract. Glad to hear that you've been out & about. I bet the singing was good?

Organ donation is something I feel very strongly about. I think the opt out system would be a great step forward, for both donors & their families and for the recipients and theirs. It would save alot of lives and negate the need for stressful conversations at what is a very difficult time. I work for the Blood Transfusion service & every donor, be it blood or organs, is giving the gift of life, which is so precious.

Flowerpot said...

I've talked to several people concerned with organ donation and blood transfusion and transplantation recently - so interesting and vital work, Kim. Well done you.