Wednesday 21 February 2018

Update


Well, we all know what rubbish weather we've had recently, but at least here's a rainbow!

Life has been busy as ever, waiting for the proofs of my new book to arrive - Walks in the Footsteps of Daphne du Maurier is to be published at Easter, a court case and interviews to be done, as well as walks for the new book.

I've also been asked to do some reviews of restaurants in Cornwall over the next few months, and this weekend I am actually going away for the weekend - hooray! I've been watching the forecast anxiously, as part of the plan is to do another walk for the new book and while it seems cold, at least it should be dry.... nothing like trying to get a wet and muddy dog dry in a B&B!

My dear friend Av had to have a hip operation last week but she's doing really well and we're planning a long overdue girls weekend in May.

Also, next week I have a Significant birthday next week, and I am wondering how the hell so many years have passed - and so quickly. I'm having a small(isn) gathering of close friends, all bringing food to share and of course, some singing. The only possible fly in the ointment is that Really Cold Weather is forecast, so if it snows we won't be able to get to the venue. But at least we can get to the pub down the road....

So here's to any other Pisceans out there - happy birthday soon!

6 comments:

ADDY said...

Ah you are still here - I thought you'd changed to another website. A significant birthday, eh? I'm guessing it's your 21st. Have a lovely day, weather permitting. x

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Addy! Yes, it will be 21st! X

Chris Stovell said...

Happy birthday for next week. It's good to catch up with your posts - you've been such a regular blogger I take my hat off to you. The new website looks brilliant. Cxx

Flowerpot said...

Thanks for all that, Chris - and I hope you're resting up now! Xx

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Happy Birthday Sue, I thought it was your 18th!!! Enjoy your birthday. I hope you manage to get away, but if not, enjoy your pub time.

Flowerpot said...

Many thanks, Kim. I had a lovely weekend away - the sun shone, astonishingly! And some great walks, too.