Monday 27 April 2015

Early (and short lived) summer at Gwithian

To follow on from the Slaying Dragon post, I'd like to report back that having to drive to Polperro and back (not far, I know, but still), was a cinch after my trek across Dartmoor last month. So anyone who's frightened of something - do have a go. Gently. It's done my confidence the world of good.

We were so lucky to have a few days at a chalet at Gwithian while the weather suddenly got hot - and being on the north coast we escaped most of the easterly winds. So we had a few days of sunbathing on the decking, walking miles and just relaxing. Just as well, as work has been very busy since we got back.

And what with the last Poldark last night, I’m exhausted….

But here are a few reminders of the lovely Gwithian, my mum’s favourite beach as a child.
And the incredibly talented sand artist we spotted.


14 comments:

Sally said...

Well done on your driving. I'm still wating to slay my dragon this year! Got well on the way last year but have had a confidence drift over the winter. Hope we'll be on the water again soon and I can stop the fire breathing down my neck! :)

Flowerpot said...

I know just how you feel Sally - me too! Mind you, water's a very good way to put out fires! X

Dc said...

Fantastic sand art! Glad you enjoyed your trek, well done.

Flowerpot said...

DC - the Sand art is incredible - such a talented fellow.

Chris Stovell said...

I'm so proud of you for slaying that dragon. I've really, really got to get to grips with mine. I used to drive to work through busy outer London traffic but I've completely lost my confidence so I must take heart from your example. I'm so pleased you timed your break for the right weather moment - the photos are lovely. Cx

Flowerpot said...

Chris - take it easy and if I can do it, you certainly can! It's hard to start with but so much better when you've taken that first step. Though I've had a few hiccups along the way of course! Take care and good luck. Sx

Colette McCormick said...

Well done. Great pics.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Colette!

Rena George said...

Driving on motorways terrifies me, so I don’t do it any more. I’m happy to tootle about our local area, even drive as far afield as 50 or 60 miles on roads I am familiar with. If it’s any further then my hubby does the driving, which is not fair because it puts all the pressure on him.
Your courage in facing up to your fears, Sue has made me determined to try a bit better myself. I love your concept of slaying your dragons. That’s exactly what I need to do. xx

Flowerpot said...

Rena - I thnk we all have dragons to slay and sometimes we can slay them and sometimes we can't or it just needs to be the right time. I just hate being imprisoned. Good luck your end xx

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

I hate driving on motorways too. When I think that I used to drive home from wherever we were stationed in Europe and Northern Ireland on my own with only a toddler for company, I wonder how I did it. Now I can't manage the 17 miles of motorway between my sister and me.
Will have to work on it I think.
Lovely photo,s as ever Sue. Love to Mol.

Akelamalu said...

We went to Polperro a few years back and I was totally enthralled with the place, until a seagull dive-bombed me and covered me in s***! LOL

Flowerpot said...

Ak - seagulls have a habit of doing that! X

Flowerpot said...

Kim - it seems to be a lot to do with getting older - the roads aren't a pleasant place to be, are they? X