Tuesday 15 March 2016

Dartmoor and first walk of spring

Last weekend saw an overdue visit to my mum, and some Dartmoor walks with my dear mate Av. After months of really horrible weather, it was a joy to wake up, several mornings running, to a sun drenched garden with birds singing their heads off.

We explored Ashburton, had some lovely grub and walked miles. All in all, a lovely weekend, so I daresay we will return...


In the meantime, I've got steam coming out of my ears trying to finish the book before the end of the month so excuse me, must dash...

Part of the amazing mural at Buckfast Abbey, where we had a coffee to revive drooping energy levels.

4 comments:

Rena George said...

Good luck with the book, Sue. I'll be thinking about you. xx

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Rena xx

ADDY said...

It's amazing how a bit of sun can lift our spirits and make a walk so much more exhilarating. I love the mural - it is not usual, I think, to see monks depicted doing hard manual labour of that kind.

Flowerpot said...

Addy - I loved the mural too though it almost looked better just seeing part of it - great work though... and the Buckfast monks are most industrious - they've got a massive business going on there.