Wednesday 31 May 2017

Last Friday we sweltered in the most glorious weather, walking at Loe Bar near Helston, then froze on Sunday, but in between we did a gig at Truro cathedral which is such an amazing place to sing - the acoustics are superb, and it was a real honour to sing there.

Tonight we're singing at Trebah Gardens and next weekend I am giving a talk at the Great Estate Festival at Scorrier, and am also doing some busking with two other friends. None of this is paid, but I do get free tickets to the festival which is worth a lot, and it's all about getting my books out there and making friends and meeting people.

Heather and I went over to Scorrier yesterday to check out the gardens and see where we're going to be performing, and it's just how you would imagine a huge, rambling, secret garden. Perfect!

Last weekend, as I was asked to review a hotel, I took a friend who's just celebrated a special birthday, and organised a secret party for her which, I'm relieved to say, went very well. You never know with surprises!

Pictures to follow, but in the meantime here's another...

3 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

I've just caught up with this and your previous post. Gosh, that's a shock about the insurance. as for money from books? So tough when no one wants to spend more than 99p, at least for an ebook. I'm taking every homes interior commission I'm offered because that actually puts some food on the table. It's good that the events you're doing are enjoyable and hopefully will raise more sales, but it's getting tougher and tougher to earn an income from being an author, in my experience anyway. Cxx

Flowerpot said...

No I quite agree, Chris - I go for any commissions I can, too, but bit thin on the ground at the moment... though I did sell four books which cheered me no end, not having expected to sell any! But it is tough, and demoralising, considering all the work that goes into writing, researching and editing books... XX

K.M. Saint James said...

Lovely pictures. Congrats on the reprint of your first book. A better cover is always . . . well, better.