Monday 21 December 2020

An uncertain future



We're all facing an uncertain end to the year. If this was a film, you couldn't really think of anything else to go wrong. Well, you could but let's not tempt fate.

Yes, the news is terrifying, but as one health expert pointed out, keep washing your hands, keeping your distance and wearing a mask. That really does help. And what we all need to do is plan for how to get through these next few months.

Living alone is no fun during lockdown (which we all know may be on the cards in January) but I have Lainy, I have my support bubble and I have other friends I walk with. My social life has largely consisted of dog walks for most of this year. I am 20,000 words into my next novel so I really hope I can still write, as that helps keep me sane. And I think it's a question of trying to keep each other going.

I've also got some good looking books to read over the next few weeks, and although my visit to my Mum has been postponed, again, I hope to be able to see her soon. She has her second Covid jab in early January.

So I end this last post this year by wishing everyone to keep safe and well. And plan for how we're all going to keep going for the next few months. What are you going to do?

Thinking of you all, with love, hugs and best wishes and a healthier 2021, Flowerpot and Lainy.

9 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

I'm glad you have Lainy during this horribly tough time. It's good news, too, that your mother has had the jab. Hoping my mum will hear news about hers soon. I don't think I've ever meant it more when I wish you the merriest possible Christmas, but, above all, a brighter, more sociable New Year. Cx

ADDY said...

Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2021. Let's hope things get better soon. Here we are in tier 4 so all looking a bit grim.

Catmac said...

I am new to your blog, Flowerpot, and am enjoying your writing. I, too, live on my own which, although it can be challenging, is something I have adapted to. Walking definitely helps. I don't have a dog and mostly walk on my own. This isn't nearly as much fun as walking with a friend, of course, but needs must. I confess to a certain amount of indolence which has surprised me. I am recently retired and fantasised about the amount I would achieve - the to-do list remains pretty long! Not sure if it's a form of COVID depression. Anyhoo, you are right. We must stay positive and live as normal a life as possible. This will pass, just not for a while. All the best for the festive season even if it is less festive than usual!

Lulu said...

Hello Sue, it is a shame you cannot see your mum just yet, but reassuring to know she will have her top up jab in early January. I hope you have a lovely relaxing Christmas with Lainey. We have our larder stocked and will steadily be getting fatter, and possibly a little merrier than usual (drinks stash!). Here’s to a better next year! Lulu x

Lulu said...

Hello Sue, it is a shame you cannot see your mum just yet, but reassuring to know she will have her top up jab in early January. I hope you have a lovely relaxing Christmas with Lainey. We have our larder stocked and will steadily be getting fatter, and possibly a little merrier than usual (drinks stash!). Here’s to a better next year! Lulu x

Flowerpot said...

Chris - I hope your mum has had her jab by now. As for the rest - well, we're all struggling on aren't we? xx

Flowerpot said...

Addy - it's all a bit grim isn't it, but I guess it's been grimmer with you for longer. Take care X

Flowerpot said...

Catmac - good to see you here and I hope you return. I think a lot of us have Lockdown Lethargy but i hope you manage to get some stuff done. I find walking without a dog a purposeless occupation, but that's as I'm used to my companion! Hope to see you here again.

Flowerpot said...

Lulu - hope you had a good Christmas and let's keep each other going for the new year and onwards... X