Monday 2 March 2009

Polly Joke

Polly Joke 4

The above picture is RT's - see Cornish Dreamer
when we went to Polly Joke last week to do a walk for the magazine. The weather was just perfect, so much so that you could almost imagine it was spring....

I just love this quote, courtesy of Shelagh:-

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Our heads are round so that thoughts can change direction.
Francis Picabia, painter and poet (1879-1953)


Today is a beautiful morning and the day of saying goodbye to both my friends.
They both deserve a good send off so it's good to see some sunshine to mark the event.

Yesterday we took some friends and their dog, Lily, up to Polly Joke for the second part of my birthday celebrations, as it's one of my favourite places ever and Molls and Lily are good buddies. RT and Himself and I went up there about 10 days ago to do a walk for the magazine, and she's sending me a picture which I will upload when I get it.

Yesterday we were blessed with sunshine and a fairly keen north westerly wind that cut through the warmth but gave us that wonderfully windblown feeling. Our friends had never been to Polly Joke before, and enjoyed it nearly as much as the dogs did which is saying something. It's a real treasure of a place, and sitting in the pub later, looking out at the fabulous view, we could see the spray crashing off Chick Island, the long waves rolling up the Gannel Estuary and I hugged myself.

Sitting with good friends, looking out on the most beautiful place in the world, our dogs with us as well. What more could I wish for?

12 comments:

Liane Spicer said...

Sounds lovely. I'll sit here and imagine it all, especially the windblown feeling. One does get tired of unrelenting heat.

Happy Birthday, Flowerpot! May you have many, many more, with Himself, friends and dogs to share!

Lane Mathias said...

Thinking of you today fp. I hope your friends have a mighty fine send off. x

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh Flowerpot, that sounds wonderful. I'd love to be windblown...

Big hugs to you.

Pat Posner said...

Thinking of you, Flowerpot

Hugs
xxPat

Flowerpot said...

Wordtryst - I find it very hard to imagine unrelenting heat. Not something we suffer from over here!

lane - many thanks. they did.

Flowerpot said...

JJ - windblown is good - makes you feel alive doesn;t it?

Pat - many thanks, much appreciated.

Akelamalu said...

Polly Joke - wonderful name. Why is it all the landmarks there have such interesting names? :)

Flowerpot said...

Ak - I'm not sure. Because it's a land rich in history and happenings?!

Chris Stovell said...

I'm glad your friends were given a lovely day for their send off. It's about time you felt some sunshine on your face, fp.

Flowerpot said...

Chris - isn't it just?!

Anonymous said...

Exactly. Contentment sounds like it has caught up with you.

CJ xx

Flowerpot said...

CJ - it did that day!