Thursday 20 September 2007


I’ve just rung a writing friend who I am trying to interview for a feature on inspirational women over 65, and she sounded breathless, as she often does.

‘Oh,’ she gasped. ‘I’m so sorry – I really do want to talk to you, but my grandson’s just rung. His girlfriend’s in the bath, having contractions, so I’ve told him to time them and ring me back.’ She giggled. ‘I have to say, I hadn’t expected to become a great grandmother the day after my daughter’s 50th birthday, but there you go!’

You can see why I want to write about her, don’t you?

But I digress. Debio has nominated me for the Awesome Dude award. How very cheering on a very grey, damp Cornish morning. Thank you so much!

I have to pass this on to five people who are:-

Crystal Jigsaw
Cornish Dreamer
Three Dog Blog
The rotten correspondent
Eurodog

And here's another quote.

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."
P.J. O'Rourke, writer (1947- )

You can tell he wasn't a politician.

11 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

Why thank you very much FP. That's very kind of you.

RT

Flowerpot said...

Not at all RT - you deserve it!

Chris Stovell said...

Have just read your previous blog - good luck with submission.

Anonymous said...

A big thank you. I feel very honoured to receive an award from you, and a little humble.

Many congrats on receiving it yourself.

Crystal xx

Lane Mathias said...

Good Old P.J. Great quote and congrats 'Awesome Dude':))
x

Flowerpot said...

Crystal - you deserve the award. Though I've no idea why you feel honoured to receive one from me!

lane - yes, PJ's great on quotes isn't he?

the rotten correspondent said...

Thank you thank you, flowerpot. You're a sweetie.

PJ O'Rourke has practically made me pee myself in the past. I may not agree with a lot of his politics, but dear god that man is funny.

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations on the award, you deserve it.

Great quote.

Elaine Denning said...

Congrats on the award :)

I take it the lady in question is now a great grandmother? Congrats to her too!

Flowerpot said...

correspondent - you deserve it also! Glad you enjoy PJ - I quite agree about him.

Flowerpot said...

Ak - thanks for that.

MissU - yes she is! MOre of that later...