Sunday 29 July 2007

Polly Joke


This is Polly Joke, a magical place made all the more special by the fact that Himself spent time living here as a teenager. Of course the weather wasn't anything like this yesterday, but it was good enough to have a long walk with one of my brothers and his family yesterday.

The children are quite gorgeous - well, the girls are almost grown up now, at 14 and 16, and it was wonderful to catch up. I am now bereft and broody and wishing they didn't live so far away. Sniff. Gulp.

Oh yes, if you go here, start at the Bowgie pub at Crantock. It's a rip off but there are plenty of places to sit outside with children and dogs. Good for people watching, too, of the Upper Crust variety.
SIL, we must go here next year!

8 comments:

Mid-lifer said...

What a wonderful picture Flowerpot. Wish I was there! it would do a lot to clear my head and help me get perspective (see my latest blog!)

Flowerpot said...

good to meet you, mid-lifer. Please call back again. Sorry your head needs clearing - will drop by your blog now!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a filmset. Beautiful setting and no doubt a refreshing walk.

Crystal xx

Elaine Denning said...

Grrrrrr. Don't you just hate spam?

Lovely picture!

Daniele said...

How gorgeous is that!! I STILL have not been to Cornwall. I've lived in the UK since 1999, it's a shame really. Maybe next year.
Off to discover Scotland for a week in a couple of days me :)

PIP said...

Yes it's a lovely place and the walk is stunning - over the headland, down along the beach and back through the valley. One of my favourites - do go if you're down in this neck of teh woods.

PIP said...

PS Who is that knicks person?!! Has anyone else had messages from her/him?

Akelamalu said...

Oh what a lovely beach is Polly Joke! Thanks for putting up the picture. :)