Tuesday 11 December 2007

Bad Hair Day


Another of these amazing foodie pictures....

I’ve been tagged by AOJ to name five weird or strange things about myself, so here they are:-

I have always had lots of nicknames. Some of these include Kit Kat, Sweet, Rabbit, Flower and latterly Flowerpot, Pot, or Pop. (As you can see, I answer to a variety of name calling.)

I don’t really like staying in hotels or B&Bs. If we could afford a holiday I’d like to go self catering or hire a campervan but a) we can’t afford it and b) Himself doesn’t like the idea, so that’s that!

My bad back means that I can’t sit comfortably in a car – any car – for more than half an hour so travel anywhere is somewhat limited and takes ages to accommodate back stretching for me and pee stops for Mollie. It takes my mother two hours to drive down to us. It takes us about four hours to do the same journey. You can see why we don’t go away much.

I was going to be called Emily after a great aunt (or someone) then parents looked at me and decided no. She was beautiful.

I hate shopping. My idea of hell is a Saturday afternoon spent At The Shops. I do my Christmas shopping either very early or late in the day, to avoid other shoppers. Every present I buy has to be right for the recipient – I can’t just buy Things. Knowing me, the Sunday afternoon before Christmas I’ll nip down to the shops and I can sneak in and out, rush home and wrap. If not - well, we won’t go there.

If anyone else would like to take up this tag, please do so.

9 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

I love all your nicknames. Where did Flowerpot come from??

Flowerpot said...

Flowerpot came from the Cornish endearment, Flower. To add a bit of emphasis, Himself started calling me FlowerPOT. And it stuck.

Akelamalu said...

I think flowerpot is a lovely name! I enjoyed reading your eight wierd things about you but they're not that wierd compared to some. xx

Flowerpot said...

ak - no they;re not that weird. I wouldn't put those ones in writing!!

Elaine Denning said...

So they're the lesser of the weird ones? Hmmmm. I may have to stick around for the others to be revealed....

Anonymous said...

I totally concur with your hatred of shopping - it must be the most tedious way to spend time there is....

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Love the foodie picture, as well as the one of Himself playing at the club (I scrolled down a wee bit.) Great meme! I must say I'd rather stay in a hotel than a campervan, though I did love camping when I was a kid.

Flowerpot said...

MissU - no plans to reveal more weird stuff!

G - thank God, someone else who hates shopping..

julia - they're great pics arent they?

the rotten correspondent said...

Oh, your poor back. It makes me hurt just to think of it.

I think you have had some pretty fun nicknames, but I like Flowerpot the best.