Wednesday 5 August 2015

Book launch!


Well my book is officially launched, though it is not available on Amazon till next Monday - though you can pre-order copies now!

The run up has been a little testing to say the least, as the books were supposed to arrive by TNT on Friday. By 130 they hadn't arrived so I rang my publishers who said the book wasn't available till 10th August. WHAT???? I cried. The book launch is on 4th!!! Thankfully the message hadn't got through that the box of books was coming straight from the printers - in time for the launch. Anyway, the books got to Bodmin at 1.30 but didn't go out in the afternoon as I'd hoped. Saturday morning we googled till we found a phone number for the depot in Bodmin and the guy there said the books would leave at 930 Monday and he would try and make mine a priority as there were 50 drops in Falmouth alone.

Monday morning dawned and I figured they should arrive about 11 to 12. By 1.30 (again) they hadn't arrived so I nipped up to the corner shop. As I came back, there was a TNT van on the corner so I ran, full tilt, and found him standing on my doorstep with my precious box of books. The RELIEF!!!!

I was exhausted yesterday but had lots of help setting up which was great, then we went off for a few hours and came back at 6pm and it went from there. A Curious Hall is a fabulous place - used to be the old WI Hall in Falmouth which was sold and has had a revamp and has a wonderful atmosphere, It's also where we had my darling Pip's wake - we had a jazz band on the stage there - so I felt he was very much there too.

Despite waves of exhaustion, it all went really well and I sold 30 books - a good start. Radio Cornwall also want to do part of my walks as a Poldark Walk, we're going to do 2 book signings, and I've been booked to do 3 talks.

So it's all go. Oh, and I have two pieces to finish for a sailing magazine. I just need a few more hours in the day.....

A very big thank you to all my lovely friends who came yesterday (and those who sadly couldn't make it for one reason or another) - and in particular to those who bought books. That means a lot.

Pictures of the evening to follow so check back later....

15 comments:

Dc said...

Congratulations, I'm sure all the hard work and running around was worth it. Hope your sales go well.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks DC - I hope so too!

Rena George said...

Huge congratulations, Sue. You must have been so relieved that your precious books eventually arrived and that the launch went so well. I can't wait to read it. xx

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Rena! XX

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

So glad everything came out right in the end for you as it was a success.

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

So glad everything came out right in the end for you and it was a success.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Kim - the relief!

ADDY said...

Congratulations on the launch and hope it sells well. (I will definitely buy it if I visit Cornwall again, although sadly not for a good while yet.)

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Addy!

Trubes said...

Congratulations Sue,
you've done it, I wish you every success with it.
My next door neighbours go down to Cornwall every
year, they are keen walkers, so I shall buy a copy
for them. They are so kind to me and always include
us in their soirees, I can't entertain so much now
because of the RA so Anna reckons it's pay back time.
They are a good bit younger than us, and still have
plenty of energy. We used to have wonderful meal
together in our home when I was fit...hey ho !
I'm going to order your book just now,

love Di,
xxx

Flowerpot said...

Oh that's great Di thanks so much! XXX

Melissa Amateis said...

Many, many congratulations to you! I really hope that I can make it to Cornwall on my next trip - the finale of Poldark was on last weekend and my daughter and I enjoyed it SO much. Such a beautiful place!

Flowerpot said...

Melissa - please get in touch if you do - I'm going to be doing a Poldark walk on Radio Cornwall soon!

Chris Stovell said...

Ooh, I felt for you there - your relief was palpable! I'm so glad the books arrived and that you sold so many copies. Congratulations on all the interest too - I'm absolutely delighted for you. Cx

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Chris! X