Wednesday 17 February 2016

A break


Now is not the ideal time to go away - given the weather particularly, but also given that I'm working flat out to finish my walks book for the deadline of end of March. I've actually only got one more walk to do but that is, hopefully, on Bodmin Moor, and no one in their right minds would go there at the moment as it's far too boggy. With a walks book, the writing is in a way the fun part. What takes more time is editing all the photographs, and sending those over. Tracing the route on maps and scanning those in and sending those off. Writing the introduction and the blurb on the back. A biography. And, of course, proofing it when it comes back from the publishers. I have edited the walks several times, as have four trusty friends, but it's amazing what slips through even the beadiest eye.

However, having worked very hard since October - and straight through Christmas - I feel I deserve a break, so Friday will see us heading towards Dorset where the weather has, so far, been kind. (I rather doubt it this time, but you never, know. I may be lucky.) However, I intend to do a lot of walking and exploring, enjoy some good food and see my dear friend Av.

So here's to a break. And to kinder weather. Please. Will be back in March!

6 comments:

Sally said...

I hope you have a lovely time and come back refreshed. With love 🙂

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Sally - looking forward to the break! See you tomorrow anyway XX

Rena George said...

Enjoy the break, Sue. You deserve it. The new book sounds so exciting. xx

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Rena - the new book is exciting - I will be very sad when it's finished!

ADDY said...

Enjoy the break. It sounds like you really need it.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks, Addy - I think perhaps I do!