Friday 9 March 2018

Belated birthday

I'm sure you're all sick of snow pictures, but I couldn't resist this one...

My birthday plans were completely changed because of the snow, but in fact I had a wonderful time. Had breakfast in Falmouth and walked through town in a blizzard, taking pictures before going for a drink at Custom House Quay. I took Moll for a walk later and it was lovely walking along snowy roads and watching kids tobogganing.. Then later that night three of us met for a drink in the pub round the corner - a small, select party but one that I enjoyed very much, nonetheless...

And then of course, we had the most incredible storm and half my garage roof blew off which was alarming. So were the winds - I could hardly stand up at one point. Anyway, thankfully my garage roof is now fixed, thanks to a very good mate, and the weather is back to being warm and wet again. And I had two belated celebrations this week instead...

Some time ago I was interviewed (for a change) for a feature on loving where we live - 8 of use took part - and the result is in Woman and Home April issue which is in the shops now. Hopefully in time to give my book a plug, as WALKS IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF DAPHNE DU MAURIER is due out this Easter - or maybe just after.

Looks the rain has stopped for a minute so I'm going to dash out with Moll while the going's good....

4 comments:

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Aw, What lovely pictures of Moll. Glad you didn't let the weather ruin your Birthday celebrations. We couldn't get off our estate for 4 days but it was lovely, I really enjoyed not having to go or be anywhere but OH was going stir crazy.
Hope the interview boosts the book sales. It's an excellent theme for an interview & I'm sure your love of Cornwall will shine through.
Take care.

ADDY said...

I love that picture of Moll in the snow. I am so sorry about your garage roof. The same thing happened to my parents on the south coast in the Great Storm of 1987. Your birthday celebrations sound just as good, storm or not. Yes, we're back to grey and wet again. I am not sure which I prefer.

Flowerpot said...

Addy - it's one extreme or the other isn't it?!

Flowerpot said...

I enjoyed it for a few days, Kim, but that was enough! And thank you for the kind comments x