Wednesday 17 April 2019

Tales of the Unexpected

On my birthday, over a month ago now, I received an email via my website, from a friend who I haven't seen for over 20 years. We'd lost touch - I'd moved, then got married, widowed, etc - and life goes on. Last time I saw her was to stay with her and her American husband near NASA - he was one of the chief rocket scientists for NASA and I was there to see a rocket launch which was one of the most amazing experiences of my life so far.

She's a highly intelligent pilot but has also worked as a nurse, bus driver and many other roles and we were very close for a long while. So I do hope we get to meet up though she is now training in Belgium, though her British base seems to be near Birmingham airport. Not that that's exactly local to Falmouth, but it would be brilliant to meet up and see what on earth has happened in the interim!

I've had more comments from friends saying they were unable to leave comments - please do try again as I love hearing from you. In haste as had a long and exhausting day and going off to last French class for a few weeks as Corinne is going on holiday. Actually just about everyone is going on holiday except me - though we are planning on doing some exploring this Easter weekend as the forecast is good....

And Sandra, if you read this, I hope we catch up soon!

No comments: