Wednesday 11 January 2017

Antidote to wobbly moments

I'm heading over to the north coast soon, to go walking, and hope the rain can hold off for a few hours. The wind is howling round the house and snow is forecast for tomorrow - the Icy Blast is on its way.

It's strange what a new year can do, isn't it? Time for reflection, start of a new chapter, and all that... I've just been talking to my dear friend Paul who is off on a Cities of Peace tour of the UK when he gets back from New Zealand.

I'm not able to attempt anything similar due to work, Moll and lack of funds, but I am still aiming to make some changes to my life. For the good, of course. But I also don't think it's advisable to raise sights unrealistically high - that way you're doomed to failure.

But I saw a lovely quote on a friend's Facebook page today - "People who wonder whether the glass is half full or empty are missing the point. The glass is REFILLABLE."
HEAR HEAR!

Also, I've just received a lovely note in the post from one of my nieces. She finished by saying, "Dad has your Poldarks walk book at home and I LOVED reading it over Christmas, Sue. I think it's brilliant!"

As you can imagine, that made my day, and the card is now up on my noticeboard above my desk. For, you know, those wobbly moments.

3 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Belatedly (having risen from a beast of a virus!) wishing you a very happy, healthy and exciting New Year... I'm sure a bit of prosperity wouldn't go amiss for either of us too, if that isn't being too greedy. My your wobbly moments be rare. Cx

ADDY said...

I'm definitely going to refill my glass this year.

Flowerpot said...

Sorry you've been stricken with the lurgy, Chris but hope you're recovered now. I hope your wobbly moments are rare, too! X