Friday 6 January 2017

The new year ....

This is my mum's garden on the one sunny day we had - which of course was the day I was driving home....

Happy New Year to everyone and let’s hope it’s a good one, despite all the political disquiet.

I had some lovely walks over Christmas which included mulled wine in the woods near Treslothan, an interesting conversation at the cafe at Chapel Porth, and the discovery of Inkie’s cafe at Golitha Falls - even if it was shut, being a bank holiday. Though most days recently seem to have been bank holidays of one kind.


I’ve got a few possible reviews coming up, plus I hope meeting someone whose close relative was a great friend of Daphne du Maurier, so that would be great for the book. The search for more work goes on - constantly - but I’ve started re-reading my last novel and will send that out again as well.

I have a policy that if you open all doors and windows - on every front - something will eventually happen. Of course, it happens when you’ve given up on whatever you’re hoping for and are trundling along doing something else, but that’s life.

So I wish you all a happy, healthy and creative new year. With a lot of fun as well, for what is life without love, laughter and fun?

4 comments:

wannabe a writer said...

Hi, Those scenes are stunning - so envious. Completely agree, only by knocking on doors will one eventually open - that's what I keep telling myself anyway. How exciting to meet a connection with Daphne Du Maurier and good look with your novel.

Linda

Flowerpot said...

Hi Linda, hope you have a good 2017 and best of luck with your writing.

ADDY said...

A happy, healthy, creative new year to you too.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Addy - may 2017 be an especially good one for you X