Friday 17 December 2021

Three Cheerful Things - or at least, less depressing than the current news

Well, I don't know about you but I've had to turn off the news as the latest Covid stuff makes me very anxious. Yes, I've had my booster but it looks like we'll all get it if we haven't already had it, and there seems precious little that's cheery on the horizon.

Or is there? Well, on reflection, yes. Last week while waiting for my van to be MOTd a friend took me for brekky at the Lakeside Cafe in Helston - lovely food and as safe as it's possible to be with door wide open and a woodburner at the other end of the cafe. I was a bit chilly by the end of our meal but at least we were safe.

The idea was to get some bowls valued that my mum gave me but the guy at the gallery in Marazion had a note saying Closed please come back soon. We did but he still wasn't there, so we took Lainy for a walk and found Friendship Wood - how lovely is that? And then later on, we stopped in Helston and I found a really fabulous coat in one of the charity shops for a tenner - and I've worn it every day since.

We had a select party for four Sagittarians on the Sunday which was interesting and that is my only stab at festivities. I've been invited to others, but don't feel it's a good idea to mix other than on walks, so that's me having a quiet time. However, my fella and I will be spending Christmas Day together (covid and weather permitting) which will be lovely. Neither of us like making a big deal of it so it will be us, the dogs and plenty of walks, food and telly.

As for book news - well, my editor is having a look at my revised first three chapters plus covering letter and synopsis which will be a great help. We're not sure about the exact starting point of the novel, so I await her comments.

So to everyone out there, keep safe, hope you have enough to read and drink etc, espeically if you're isolating, and let's keep our heads down and help each other get through this dismal time. Follow Lainy's example and have another kip. Onwards....

4 comments:

ADDY said...

Wow. That's a snazzy coat. Happy Christmas and all the best for 2022. It has to get better for everyone next year, right?

Lulu said...

Hello Sue , I'm not sure if I left a comment as my browser's been stalling, so if you get two, many apologies, I am like a bus! Happy new year. I hope you, Lainy and your fella had a lovely Christmas. Looks like you had a nice road trip to Marazion. I know the Lakeside in Helston well - always a nice stop off point. Fab charity shop find - looks perfect for all this soggy weather we've been having. Lulu xXx

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Addy - I wore that coat all over Christmas and it really cheered me up! Hope you are OK too. Life has got to get better.

Flowerpot said...

Lulu - we had a really lovely Christmas thanks, and hope that you did too. Glad you enjoy the Lakeside - perhaps when life is a bit less bonkers we could meet there for a cuppa one day? Take care XXX