Wednesday 23 March 2022

H-h-h-holiday???

We saw the first blackthorn blossom on Saturday, and what a joy it was. I've been feeling as if I've been run over by a steamroller since Mum's death, and my brain is devoid of inspiration - not surprising really, but it was lovely to spend the weekend with the fella and utterly relax.

Well, I say relax, but due to Lainy's insecurities, I decided it would be better for Lainy to sleep in the living room, so I'd got her used to that at home, but we needed to get her used to it at his place. A friend who's very experienced in looking after rescue dogs said I would need to sleep on the sofa with her for a few nights to get her used to it, so just when I could really have done with a cosy cuddle in bed, I spent part of three nights on a sofa. Not much sleep, but there are advantages - a) a bed feels SO comfy after a sofa b) the cuddles were even better and c) it's done the trick - Lainy is quite happy sleeping on his sofa when I'm not there. So, job done.

On Monday it was such a gorgeous day, and I was still brain dead, so he suggested we walk over the fields to the Halzephron pub, an hour's walk away, for a late lunch. It was utterly wonderful - warm enough for a summer's day, a treat of lunch sitting outside, and a lovely wander home.

I have been stunned by the wonderful messages and kindness from friends near and far to do with Mum. The flat looks like a florist, and my goodie parcel - like a hamper - was one of the most thoughtful and kind presents I've ever had. So a huge thank you to everyone.

Lastly, on Saturday my friend Jac and I are hoping - fourth time lucky - to go away for our much postponed holiday. Hoping to god neither of us gets ill before then.... Poor Jac broke her shoulder so that was the first postponement, then she got a horrible chest infection, and we shifted it from early to mid February. Then she didn't recover for ages so we postponed it from late February to late March. We were due to take Mum out for lunch next week so that will be a bittersweet day, but we will do something else to celebrate her life.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy the sunshine which brings a bit of cheer to a very gloomy world at present. Here's to everyone who helps make it a better place.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Hello Sue, that is a precious picture of your mum enjoying her birthday cake. Sending you love and sunshine, Lulu xXx

Lee said...

I have only just caught up with your blog.I am so very very sorry to read about you beloved mum.I have no words,it is so painful.I am thinking of you.Hugs xx

Flowerpot said...

Lulu - it's a great shot isn't it? That was her 90th I think. Love to you too XXx

Flowerpot said...

Lee - thanks so much for your love and hugs. It all really helps! xx