Friday 22 June 2007

Falling in Love

 


I asked Himself this morning why when Mollie was a puppy, he chose her instead of her almost identical sister.

‘Because she had a shorter tail,’ he replied.

That flummoxed me. ‘What’s that got to do with anything?’

‘It’s all about proportion,’ he said. ‘Mollie was just right.’

Though how he could tell that when they were eight weeks old, scampering around a loose box on a farm in the middle of nowhere, I can’t think.

‘Mollie was more adventurous,’ he continued. ‘The other one was rather timid, so I felt Mollie was Just the One. Though the other one had better colouring.’

‘Did she?’ I said. Astonishing how an unobservant man can remember such details in a tiny puppy – and this was two years ago.

‘Yes,’ he said dreamily. ‘The other one had better markings on her body, but more brown on her face. But Mollie was perfect – a bit like you, Flowerpot.’

What a creep. But a nice one.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

Hmm, hard to tell if it's a compliment or not. I would think it was supposed to be a compliment though.

The liveliest of the litter is usually a good choice (and Mollie is certainly full of beans). Isn't it a good sign for their future health? Let's hope so.

Flowerpot said...

I certainly hope it's a good sign, RT, but Jacks are usually pretty healthy aren't they?

Flowerpot said...

sorry RT, post amended as I forgot vital bit at the end!

Eurodog said...

Very sweet.

Akelamalu said...

What a sweetie Molly is! That was some compliment. ;)