Friday 13 August 2021

More of me and Fern



Well, this was one of my moments of glory from last week's show, Fern Britton's My Cornwall.

I was all a-quiver beforehand because I didnt know how much, if any, of the two hours of filming would be used. fern and I talked a lot about Daphne du Maurier, Winston Graham, Rosamunde Pilcher, writing, inspirations - lots of stuff and I rather feared none would be used, but it was!

Three of my closest friends came round with a bottle of Prosecco, to watch it, and nerves mounted as the programme went on - and on - and still no me, though I knew I'd be at the end, if at all. And then, there I was! Jacqui had lent me the jacket that I was wearing to go riding, and her gloves (essential as my tiny hands were frozen), and another friend lent me the jodhpurs and boots, so I might have looked the part but that was entirely due to my dear mates' wardrobes.

We were so excited I don't think any of us took much of it in, but two of them took pictures off the screen, so I can use some for writer publicity stuff which is good. The above picture is from TwoFour Productions so that's the best quality.

As the programme ended, my phone rang and it was James, my neighbour, who I'd completely forgotten to tell. "Why didn't you SAY?" he said. "We're just sitting here watching telly, and then we saw Fern, and then - you! And we said, 'That's our Sue!'"

So that's my piece of fame for this year. The Tooth Fairy is convinced that the phone will ring with offers of TV programmes but so far it's remained decidedly quiet..... Another friend suggested this could be the start of my new career as a TV equestrian journalist.... The thing about life is that you just never know. Meanwhile, on with the day job and editing....

10 comments:

wannabe a writer said...

How exciting and what a fabulous claim to fame. Is it anywhere on Catch Up?

wannabe a writer said...

How exciting and what a fabulous claim to fame. Is it anywhere on Catch Up?

wannabe a writer said...

How exciting. I'll have to see if I can find it on catchup!

Lulu said...

Hello Sue, I watched it on catchup and there you were on t'tele in the last segment (I did make a note of the time on a piece of paper, but I can't find it now :0) Was lovely to see you. I did have to laugh though how your horse companions were more interested in munching the moor's grass than your literary discussion ;) :) Lulu xXx

Elderberry-Rob said...

havent seen the program yet but will try to get on catch up - how lovely that your friends kitted you out - you look really smart :) congratulations on your moment of fame.

ADDY said...

You were on air for quite a while It was nice to see you on the screen and hear your voice. I felt quit excited waiting for your bit to come too.

Flowerpot said...

Hi Wannabee, yes it's on My 5 for catch up so you can see it there.

Flowerpot said...

Lulu - thanks for tuning in - yes, Fern's horse (Rita) was constantly eating so she spent a lot of time trying to stop her.I think she'd given up at that point! Xxx

Flowerpot said...

Betty - many thanks!

Flowerpot said...

Addy - Thank you I'm touched!